Rain and Hail has been providing farm families with quality service and risk protection since 1919. Rain and Hail insures farmers throughout the United States and Canada and has made a sincere commitment to give back to the people and communities that it serves. To show this commitment, Rain and Hail extends its support to numerous groups and programs that benefit communities, children and families. The employees of Rain and Hail also reach out to lend a helping hand through various community service projects throughout the year. Rain and Hail is committed to helping protect and enhance the future of rural America.
Farm Safety Education
Rain and Hail is a proud sponsor of the farm safety program for children—Progressive Agriculture Farm Safety Day. This educational program increases public awareness and understanding of the hazards to children on farms and ranches by providing resources and training to individuals and communities to conduct safety education programs. This program works to motivate and empower individuals and communities to make positive changes regarding farm safety and health issues.
The employees of Rain and Hail work to give back to their communities by participating in various company-sponsored service projects throughout the year. Following are just a few of the projects and events:
- Habitat for Humanity - In addition to a monetary contribution provided by the company, Rain and Hail employees have donated their time and skills to Habitat for Humanity. Through volunteer labor and monetary donations, Habitat builds safe, secure housing for families in need.
- Meals from the Heartland - Rain and Hail employees , working in teams of eight to ten, package meals for Meals from the Heartland, a nonprofit organization that aims to feed people throughout the United States and around the world. Rain and Hail also gives a monetary donation to this organization.
- Blood Drives - Throughout the year, Rain and Hail employees volunteer to donate blood at company-sponsored blood drives.
Rain and Hail contributes to programs that help fulfill important needs of children, families and rural communities, lending support to several local and national groups and programs. Donation requests are submitted annually by Rain and Hail employees as well as groups or programs soliciting sponsorships. Decisions regarding donations and support are made by the Rain and Hail Sponsorship Committee. Additional organizations sponsored by Rain and Hail include:
- Aheinz57 Pet Rescue and Transport
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Iowa
- Ellipsis Youth Services
- Food Bank of Iowa
- Kid Cancer Crushers
- National Alliance on Mental Health
- Toys for Tots
Donation requests can be sent to: Rain and Hail, c/o Sponsorship Committee, 9200 Northpark Drive, Suite 300, Johnston, IA 50131.