Rain and Hail has been providing farm families with quality service and risk protection since 1919. Rain and Hail insures farmers throughout the United States and Canada and has made a sincere commitment to give back to the people and communities that it serves. To show this commitment, Rain and Hail extends its support to numerous groups and programs that benefit communities, children and families. The employees of Rain and Hail also reach out to lend a helping hand through various community service projects throughout the year. Rain and Hail is committed to helping protect and enhance the future of rural America.
The Safety of Rural America
Rain and Hail is a proud sponsor of farm safety programs for children, in particular Farm Safety 4 Just Kids and Progressive Agriculture Farm Safety Day. Both organizations work to increase public awareness and understanding of the hazards to children on farms and ranches by providing resources and training to individuals and communities to conduct safety education programs. These programs work to motivate and empower individuals and communities to make positive changes regarding farm safety and health issues.
The employees of Rain and Hail work to give back to their communities by participating in various company-sponsored service projects throughout the year. Following are just a few of the projects and events:
- Meals from the Heartland - Rain and Hail employees have donated their time to Meals from the Heartland, a nonprofit organization that aims to feed people around the world. Working in teams of eight to ten, volunteers package meals that are then shipped to the world’s most starving countries. Rain and Hail also gives a monetary donation to this organization.
- Habitat for Humanity - In addition to a monetary contribution provided by the company, Rain and Hail employees have donated their time and skills to Habitat for Humanity. Through volunteer labor and monetary donations, Habitat builds safe, secure housing for families in need.
- United Way - Rain and Hail employees are encouraged to make pledges to the United Way during the annual United Way Drive. Combined with a 50% company match, the annual drive creates a significant pledge to help fund important programs within the United Way.
- Blood Drives - Throughout the year, Rain and Hail employees volunteer to donate blood at company-sponsored blood drives.
- The Connection Cafe is a free lunch program for homeless and low income people in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
They serve lunch at noon every Monday-Friday to our honored guests. They operate under the auspices of The Bridge, which is a non-profit, ecumenical organization that includes four downtown churches: St. John's Lutheran Church, St. Ambrose Catholic Cathedral, First United Methodist and the Cathedral Church of St. Paul Episcopal. They rely on the generosity of volunteer groups who cook, provide food and help serve lunch to over 100 guests 5 days a week. The program provides the venue, a small kitchen and table service.
- The St. Joseph Emergency Family Shelter is the only emergency shelter in Polk County where the entire family unit can stay together. They provide safe and clean housing to homeless families for a limited stay.
Rain and Hail contributes to programs that help fulfill important needs within rural communities. These programs work to enrich the lives of local citizens, providing a brighter tomorrow. To help fulfill the needs of children, families and rural communities, Rain and Hail lends support to several local and national groups and programs. Donation requests are submitted annually by Rain and Hail employees as well as groups or programs soliciting sponsorships. Decisions regarding donations and support are made by the Rain and Hail Sponsorship Committee. Additional organizations sponsored by Rain and Hail include:
- American Heart Association
- Food Pantry - DMARC
- Youth and Shelter Services
- Combat Hunger
- Toys for Tots
Donation requests can be sent to: Rain and Hail, c/o Sponsorship Committee, 9200 Northpark Drive, Suite 300, Johnston, IA 50131.