Become a Rain and Hail Agent
Partner with Rain and Hail
Rain and Hail is a business partner that gets it. Get more information by clicking on the topics below.
Rain and Hail is an AIP You can Count On
RAIN AND HAIL
- We have been dedicated to serving America’s farmers since our foundation over 100 years ago in 1919.
- We have the staff to service your needs with over 450 full-time employees.
- Over 80 of our employees are dedicated to creating and delivering the best technology.
- Over 70 of our employees are devoted to giving you underwriting support you can count on.
- Over 150 of our employees are committed to giving you the field support you need.
- Over 80 of our employees have over 20 years of experience devoted to Rain and Hail’s agents.
- Although we have the size to service a large agency-base, with Rain and Hail there is always a hometown feel.
- No matter where you are, Rain and Hail representatives are close by.
OUR PARENT COMPANY CHUBB
- Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded P&C insurer.
- Chubb has strong financial ratings you can count on.
- AA from Standard & Poor’s and A++ from A.M. Best
- Chubb has over $190 billion in assets and $41 billion of gross premiums written in 2020.
- Chubb has local operations globally in 54 countries.
WE ARE CLOSE BY, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE
- We have nine regional offices strategically placed throughout the United States to ensure localized knowledge and service.
- Throughout the country, we have dedicated, local marketing representatives and underwriting experts that specialize in the business in your area.
- We will partner with you to provide the customized service you need.
- We’ll grow success together in a strong partnership.
Technology to Make You Efficient
- Access information all in one place.
- Key policy actions can be completed with one click.
- View agency-level information at a glance.
- If you have multiple agency codes, you can view them all in our Agency Dashboard.
- View all your training information, including alerts of when training and/or testing is needed.
- You can easily check items that need attention, such as missing acreage, production and more, all in one place.
- Our quoting tools were developed specifically for agents who are ready to gain a competitive edge by offering highly detailed analysis to their insureds.
- Our quoting tools are intuitive, easy to use and accurate.
- You can save often used scenarios so quotes can be ran even faster.
- You can quote for multiple plans, crops, types and practices in a single request.
- You can also quote MPCI and Crop-Hail in a single request.
- During the pricing discovery period, we use prices and factors that are updated daily based on market activity, ensuring accurate quotes.
- You can even use Rain and Hail’s Policy Batch quoting to generate daily emails containing quotes for multiple policies with current calculated pricing.
- Our Historical Coverage Simulator gives you the ability to simulate future behavior based on past performance, giving you a great way to consult with your policyholders.
Acreage Reporting is one of the most time-consuming things you do every year. You need a mapping system that is easy to use and reliable.
- Report CLUs and fields with just a few clicks.
- Use our convenient preplanting tool to help you get a head start.
- Utilize eSign in our Mapping tool to quickly get signatures.
- Import precision farming data to simplify the acreage reporting process with data your policyholders already have.
Our Mapping tool gives you many opportunities to customize and create efficiencies. You can:
- Auto generate field groups;
- Link policies;
- Report Acreage on CLUs from using the map, a list or a tabular entry;
- Customize CLU boundaries and acre values without a tolerance;
- Update CLU Farm-Tract-Field numbers;
- View high-risk layers;
- Find a legal, CLU, street address or a latitude/longitude coordinate;
- Identify PRF grid IDs;
- See total acres reported by variety of filtering options including yield line, crop, type, legal;
- Generate map-based booklets; and
- View current CLUs for a policyholder from FSA Farm Records.
Technology to Differentiate You
PRECISION AG AND RAIN AND HAIL
Your policyholders already spend time and money capturing precision ag data. With Rain and Hail, you can make sure they are using it in as many ways as possible. We partner with John Deere Operations Center, Ag Leader and more to provide several options to take advantage of this technology.
WHY USE PRECISION AG DATA FOR CROP INSURANCE?
- Accuracy: Policyholders only pay premium on the acres they actually plant.
- Efficiency: Reduces the amount of time you spend with your policyholder reporting their acres.
- Precision: Maintain the most precise APH information possible.
- Ease: Serves as a great method for record keeping.
- Flexibility: There are several ways to report. Only acres or acres and yield information can be submitted.
- Free: There is no cost to to report information with precision data.
USING PRECISION DATA WITH RAIN AND HAIL
- Fields are brought directly into Mapping.
- Precision data can be used to report production and can be used for a claim.
- Our Mapping tool easily identifies Precision Farming information.
- Field Name
- Precision Transaction ID and Title
Technology to Connect With Your Customers
Policyholder Services is our dedicated site for policyholders to obtain their policy info online and so much more. All of the below tools are available at their fingertips.
- Pay Premium Online: Through 'My Policy Summary' on the home page, policyholders can pay their bill online either by ACH or by check image. Policyholders can even pay their premium online without having to log in using the PAY MY BILL feature on www.RainHail.com.
- Electronic Loss Payments: Directly from the right side-bar on the home page, policyholders can sign up through 'Setup Electronic Loss Payments Here!'.
- Electronic Documents: Right at the top of the home page, your policyholders can elect to receive their billing statement and MPCI provisions electronically, ensuring they receive the information instantly as it is available.
- Mapping: Through 'My Policy Summary' on the home page, Mapping provides tools for acreage measurement, field-by-field data collection and acreage reporting features.
- Policy Data: Through 'My Policy Summary' on the home page, policyholders can view their "Summary of Information" as well as "Provisions".
- Claim Information: Policyholders can view claim progress and adjuster information.
Whether your policyholders have a Policyholder Services account or not, they can use our eSign to electronically sign forms, including sales closing, acreage reporting, production reporting and Dairy Revenue Protection. We know you don’t always work out of a traditional office. You can use eSign anywhere you are on the device of your choosing: computer, smartphone or tablet.
WHY USE eSIGN OVER TRADITIONAL SIGNATURES?
- Signed documents available in minutes.
- Single signature page.
- Signed forms are emailed rather than mailed.
- Reduces our carbon footprint.
- Efficient – no driving; completed in-person or over the phone.
How We Serve Your Customers
OUR CLAIMS STAFF
Rain and Hail has over 1,000 adjusters on the ground at any given time ready to serve your customers.
- Our adjusters are strategically placed throughout the country. In the event of a claim, we are never far away from your policyholders.
- What if there is a widespread disaster? Our independent adjusters are always ready to travel and help areas in need. For example, in the summer of 2020 during the middle of the pandemic, we sent over 50 adjusters to Texas to ensure fast and accurate claims service on crops damaged by extreme heat.
- Our adjusting staff has extensive training and field days every year.
- Our adjusters have mobile technology at their fingertips to expedite the claims process.
- Our adjusters provide our agents and policyholders with constant communication during the claim process through our Appointment Manager.
- Rain and Hail offers direct deposit for loss payments to get your policyholders indemnities as fast as possible.
- We text your policyholders when their claim is open and closed, making sure they are updated in the moment.
Our Partnerships That Set Your Business Apart
We partner with several ag companies to maximize data growers already have to simplify crop insurance requirements and speed up the claim process.
PRODUCTION REPORTING CAPABILITIES – ACRES REQUIRED
Policyholders using the below companies for precision ag with acres can also use the data for production reporting:
- John Deere
PRODUCTION REPORTING ONLY
Policyholders using the below company for precision ag without acres can also use the data for production reporting:
REPORT PRODUCTION FROM GRAIN ELEVATORS
Our partnership with Bushel, a mobile platform working with grain elevators, makes production and claims processing simple and easy.
- Scale tickets are tracked and stored in real-time.
- Production data can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- The policyholder, agent and adjuster all have access to production data.
- Using grain elevator production ensures fast and accurate claim processing.
- It’s free.
Products to Meet Your Policyholders' Needs
No matter where your policyholders are located or what type of crop they grow, we have the products to fit their needs.
HAIL AND WIND PRODUCTS
- Basic Plans
- Deductible Plans
- Companion Plans
- Wind (customizable)
- Revenue Protection
- Revenue Plus
- Revenue Price Option with Market Coverage Option
- Yield Protection
- Yield Plus
- Margin Protection
- Margin Price Option
Keeping You on the Cutting Edge
We have a team dedicated to get you the tools you need fast.
- For example, we are the fastest growing DRP AIP out of the gate.
- We give you the ability to capture sales of new products before your competitors.
When changes happen and RMA introduces new products, we are dedicated to getting you what you need. We always keep our agents in the loop with industry changes in our Industry Update newsletter as well as our newest technology releases in our weekly technology newsletter, The Rain and Hail Advantage. With Rain and Hail, when something is new or changes, you’re the first to know.
If you are ready to partner with Rain and Hail or you simply want more information, please complete the information below and someone will be in touch with you very soon!
Nationwide Company with Localized Knowledge
We will be in touch soon!